Find out what we are in this post
Test cases for a banking application or test scenarios for a banking application or banking applicationTest case:In this post, we will learn how to write test cases for a banking application in an Excel spreadsheet. In our previous post, we also presented test case templates for the Amazon search functionality. Each bank has its own money transfer flow.
Therefore, it is difficult to generalize the flow for all banks. So I'm trying to figure out the flow most banks are likely to have in the money transfer process. You can find many differences depending on the type of bank you use.
|Send to:||Test case for a banking application|
|Post type:||Test case template|
|Refers to:||Refreshing and experience|
|Have you joined:||Our telegram group|
But before you start writing test cases for banking applications, you need to understand the following:
(Video) Test Cases for the Investment Banking Field| How to write manual test case tests| Software testing
What is online banking?
Online banking is hampered by the electronic method of transferring money through a web application. Now, in the 21st century, most people use this method of transferring money because it's faster and you don't have to wait in a long line to make a single transaction.
Using this method, you can perform various money transfers related to operations such as receiving money, paying bills and many other operations.
Similar test cases
(Video) How to write test cases in manual testing using a template
- Test case for a text box
- Test case for a text box
- Test case to describe the tool
- Test case for website elements
- Test case of loading a web page file
- Test case for website URL
But when you are dealing with any banking app, both developer and testers ensure that the app runs smoothly across all browsers and devices. The web application also protects against any cyber threats, and performance does not suffer during peak hours.
Banking application testing
There are several aspects that QA experts prioritize when testing any banking application:
- Functional tests:All modules work as expected (both standalone and when all separate modules are integrated)
- usability test:In most cases, people using banking applications are not experienced computer users. Therefore, for them, the form should be transparent and have a user interface.
- performance test:Since this is developed for users, app performance should be faster. And the app should work fine across platforms.
- Safety Tests:Just like they use a banking app, people will use it to transfer money. So this is one of the prioritiestasks for the organization to develop the application in such a way that it meets standard security guidelines.
Therefore, in this post, we will go over the natural flow of a banking app with some basic scenarios:
(Video) How to write TEST CASES in Manual Testing | Software testing
Test steps for banking transactions
Here are the necessary steps we follow when performing any currency transfer operation:
- Go to the login page on the bank's website.
- Enter your username and password.
- Go to the transfer page.
- Add the recipient you want to transfer money to.
- Check your bank account and personal details. Make sure they are correct.
- Select a specific transfer method from the NEFT/RTGS or SWIFT transfer options.
- Select the recipient's name and funds, then send the details.
- Check the amount and other details on the confirmation page.
- Click Submit to complete the final action of transferring funds.
Regardless of the steps you see above, this is the basic flow we cover here. Or maybe if you go to a different region it might be something different than the above scenario.
For example, some of you may have SMS authentication before sending money. Some of you probably have other ways to verify user information to avoid sending money to the wrong person. But that said, the flow is pretty much the same for most banks.
Another different process that different banks go through, maybe when you add a user, regardless of the fields you see in the image below now, they may vary from bank to bank. The image below shows the number of fields that can be verified and test cases written for them.
If you add test cases for each page, the test cases cover the basic aspects of the tests.
What jobs can you get with a degree in business administrationWhat is business analysis and what does a business analyst do?Who is an internet marketing manager? | poop academyTop Construction Companies to Work for in 2022 - EngineeringClicks
Test scenarios for the Money Transfer banking application
- Check on the bank's websiteURL.
- Make sure your bank's website URL includes HTTPS in the address bar and in the URL.
- Make sure the login page on your bank's website doesn't look fake.
- Make sure your bank login page includes your username and password.
- Check whether the username and password are accepted or not.
- Verify that SMS authentication is triggered after login.
- Verify that the user is redirected to the dashboard after all authentication processes have gone through.
- Check that the user has access to the online transfer function.
- Check if the user can transfer funds, the option is available at a certain time (from 9:00 to 17:00).
- Check that the funds transfer option shows an out-of-hours transaction notification.
- Verify that the user can add a user.
- Check if the user's data can be verified.
- Check if the funds transfer option allows NEFT or RTGS option for nationalized money transfers.
- Check if the transfer page requires the recipient's name, IFSC code, bank name, amount of funds and purpose of the transfer.
- Check if the funds transfer page asks for a PAN number if the amount of funds is over 50,000.
- Before completing the transfer, make sure that the funds transfer site has two-factor authentication.
- Check whether the interbank funds transfer is happening now or not.
- Check how long it takes to transfer funds between business hours.
- Check how long it takes to transfer funds outside of business hours.
- Verify that notification of the transferred amount has been sent to the sender and recipient.
- Check that the amount has been transferred to the exact person indicated in the user.
In addition to this flow, there are several other scenarios; In addition, we are now added to this post. Hopefully this will also give you an idea of how to write test cases for banking applications.
Banking Application Test Cases - Online Banking Application
- Verify that the user can log in with the correct username and password
- The check user can perform basic financial transactions
- Verify that the user can add a recipient with the correct name and account information
- The check user can make financial transactions according to the added user
- Check if the user can add a decimal number to the amount (limited to 2 digits)
- The reviewer cannot add a negative number to the amount field.
- The beneficiary of the check can only transfer money if there is an orderly balance on the account.
- Make sure that there is a confirmation of financial transactions
- The check user receives an acknowledgment of receipt after a successful financial transaction.
- Check if the user can send money to multiple people
- Verify that the user has permission to change the password
- Checking account information also reflects financial transactions.
- Verify that a user with an incorrect password cannot log in.
- Check after multiple attempts to log in with the wrong password (according to the restrictions), the user should be locked out.
- Make sure the timeout feature is implemented
- Please check if username or password is blank, user can't login. The user should also receive a warning.
Manual test cases for banking applications - Admin
- Verify that the administrator can log in with valid credentials and cannot log in with invalid credential date.
- Verify that the administrator can log in without valid test data.
- Check all application links for the administrator role.
- Make sure that the administrator can change the password with the correct information and should not allow the password to be changed with incorrect information.
- Check that recently used test data does not allow for reuse.
- Check whether the administrator can login successfully or not.
Banking App Test Cases - New Branch
- Check: You can create a new branch with the correct details.
- Check with invalid data. You cannot add a branch.
- Check to try to create a new branch with existing test data.
- Verify that the undo, cancel, and submit button works as expected.
- Try updating the ward details with valid and invalid test data.
- Try updating the branch data with test data.
- Update branch data with existing test branch data
- Check whether the cancel button is working or not.
- Make sure deleting branches with and without dependencies is allowed.
- Verify that the user should be able to search and locate a branch.
Test cases for banking applications in an Excel spreadsheet - a new role
Now let's look at sample test cases for the Bank app that adds a new role.
(Video) Software Testing with Excel - How to Create Test Cases
- Check whether you can create a new role with the correct information or not.
- See if you can create test data without test data.
- Validate the new role with existing test data
- Check the role description and role types.
- Verify that Cancel and Send works as expected.
- Make sure you can remove the role without dependencies.
- Verify that all connections to the new role work as expected.
If you want to add more points, please let us know. Now we will move on to other test cases for customer and visitor banking apps.
Test cases for banking applications in an Excel spreadsheet - customers and visitors
- Verify that all links in the Customers and Visitors modules work as expected.
- Verify that all users can sign in with their valid credentials.
- Check that the Customer cannot register with an invalid date.
- Check by the number of failed accesses to the account; then user account should be locked for that day or not.
Test cases for the banking application - adding new users
- Make sure you can add a new user with the correct information.
- Verify that the correct confirmation messages are displayed by entering incorrect information.
- Verify that the correct branch information should be displayed after adding a user.
- Verify that all connections work as expected.
- Verify that all buttons work as expected.
- Verification messages are displayed when incorrect data is entered during user data update.
- Check the warning message after clicking the submit button without changing any details during the update.
- Verify that the user function works as expected.
PDF Banking Application Test Cases - New Account
- Check all required fields and corresponding confirmation messages.
- Check all optional fields and their corresponding verification messages.
- Check after filling in all the required fields, click submit and check whether the new user has been added or not.
- Please check after depositing the amount to your account whether the updated balance is displayed or not.
- Check whether the user can withdraw the amount or not.
- After withdrawing the amount, check whether the balance is updated or not.
- Check all the entered information that appears in the user's profile section.
- Check whether the primary account exists or not if it is a secondary account.
- Check if company details are listed or not if it is a checking account.
- Check whether the proof is attached or not if it is a joint account.
- The zero control account is kept in the payroll account.
- Make sure you can maintain zero or less than the minimum unpaid account balance.
Test cases for the bank account number field
To test the bank account number field, follow the steps below.
Bank account number: SSSSXXNNNNNNNNNN (e.g. 35010100008033)
- SSSS - The first four digits of the account number are the POS ID [SOL ID]
- XX-The fifth and sixth digits of your account number indicate the type of scheme (01-09).
The different types of schemes are:
01 – Saving,
02 - Current account
03 – Term deposit
04 – Overrun
05 - cash loan
06 - Loans
07 – Credit for packaging
08 - Internal accounts
09 - Foreign bills
81 - Konta FI pod SB 150
NNNNNNNN - The remaining digits -8- indicate the current serial number.
Examples of test cases for the Bank account number field
- Check the billing field by entering a valid bill number.
- Check the billing field by entering an incorrect bill number.
- Check the account number field by entering an account number longer than 14 digits.
- Check the account number field by entering an account number shorter than 14 digits.
- Check the account number by inserting 14 zeros.
- Make sure the billing field allows letters and special characters.
- Check the account number field by entering an alphanumeric value.
- Make sure the account number field allows blanks.
- Check if any warning message is displayed by entering an incorrect account number.
- Check if a message appears when a user enters an account number that does not exist.
- Make sure that the user can paste the account number in the account number field.
- Check when users enter any closed account number.
- Make sure that when a user enters an account number, there should be a space between them.
How to Research Keywords for SEO: A Beginner's Guide39 (tricky but brilliant) ideas for free advertising7 new technologies that will improve your business processesHow to Setup and Use ExpressVPN on Fritz!Box (2022)
(Video) User Acceptance Testing (UAT) xls test case template | testingshala user registration examples
Hopefully we can cover a very basic test scenario for a banking app. Going through the ones in the scenario above, if you find any missing banking app test cases, feel free to mention these scenarios in the comments section.
If you want to contribute something to Softwaretestingo.com related to banking apps or other topics or tools, you can write to us email@example.com.
1. Test cases for Amazon, Flipkart in Excel sheet.
2. ESIC UDC 2022 computer test | Ms Excel set-1 (paid pdf)
3. How to write test cases in Excel
4. how to write test scenarios for the Google pay | mobile application test hall
5. How to pass the Excel assessment test for job applications - a step-by-step guide with XLSX sheets
6. Check and Expense Form 1260 1260 QuickBooks Online 2023
Author: Melvina Ondricka
Recently updated: 06.10.2023
Rating: 4.8/5 (68 votes)
Opinions: 83% of readers find this page useful
To do: Melvina Ondricka
Address: Suite 382 139 Shaniqua Locks, Paulaborough, UT 90498
Position: dynamic government expert
Hobby: kite flying, watching movies, knitting, model building, reading, wood carving, paintball
Entry: My name is Melvina Ondrick, I am a helpful, classy, likeable, innocent, outstanding, brave, caring person who loves to write and wants to share her knowledge and understanding with you.
- Check if all visitor and customer links are working properly.
- Double-check the customer's login with valid and invalid test data.
- Check the customer's login without any data.
- Check the banker login without any data.
- Check the banker's login with valid or invalid test data.
Most software developers catch and fix 99% of their mistakes in a product before deploying it for testing, so it is the role of the tester to find the 1% remaining. This 1% may be neglected by the developers because they assume the end-user wouldn't take that route while using the product.How to test banking applications? ›
- Requirement gathering and review. At this stage, a QA team gathers, studies, and reviews project requirements. ...
- Test Planning. The planning stage is a common one. ...
- Test case development and creation of automated test scripts. ...
- Test running.
- At the beginning, select Test Grid from the View tab.
- Then, select a single test case and right click on that.
- After that, select Export All from the Export menu. ...
- So, a dialog box will appear.
- Then, pick a save location and give a name and select xlsx as the output format.
- Step 1: Create Headers For The Columns. ...
- Step 2: Create Rows For Each Test Case ID. ...
- Step 3: Document The Results in The Test Case Row. ...
- Test Case ID. ...
- Test Case Description. ...
- Test Steps. ...
- Expected Results. ...
- Actual Results.
A test case template is a document containing an organized list of test cases for different test scenarios that check whether or not the software has the intended functionality. A test case is a set of steps carried out to test a specific feature of an application.How do you write a test case without a document? ›
- Write them based on ideal user experience. ...
- Ask questions of product managers/developers. ...
- Research similar features on other apps/websites. ...
- Brainstorm any possible action you can do with the feature. ...
- Ask developers what logic they used in the code.
39) How many test cases we can write in a day? We can tell anywhere between 2-5 test cases. First test case → 1st day, 2nd day.What are the 7 principles of testing? ›
- Testing shows the presence of defects.
- Exhaustive testing is impossible.
- Early testing.
- Defect clustering.
- Pesticide paradox.
- Testing is context dependent.
- Absence-of-errors fallacy.
100% test coverage simply means you've written a sufficient amount of tests to cover every line of code in your application. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. If you've structured your tests correctly, this would theoretically mean you can predict what some input would do to get some output.
IBPS PO (CWE PO/MT) IBPS SO (CWE SO) IBPS Clerk (CWE Clerical) IBPS RRB (CWE RRB)How do I pass a bank assessment test? ›
- Know What to Expect. ...
- Revise Your Basic Mathematical Skills. ...
- Sit Practice Tests. ...
- Do Your Research Into the Role and Company. ...
- Draw on Your Knowledge and Experience.
Test Key a digital code calculated in compliance with the algorithm set by the Bank using a TCT or a DigiPass. Transactions with Assets – any activity with Assets in the line with the Terms and Conditions.How do I Import test cases from Excel to ALM 15? ›
- Expand the Settings menu. Under the Import section, select a type.
- Click Browse and navigate to the folder with the Excel file. ...
- Click Import. ...
- After the import is complete, the items are added to ALM Octane in the relevant module and location.
- Open New Excel sheet.
- Click on Team and.
- Click on New List.
- Select TFS server in Connect to team project window and click on connect button.
- Select- query list- my Test Case in new list window and click on ok button.
Steps to export test cases from Jira Xray to Excel: Collect Xray tests in Issue Navigator. Open the "Export" drop-down menu. Select the "Better Excel (Current Fields)" export option.What is the difference between test case and test scenario? ›
The main difference between test cases and test scenarios is that test cases are specific instructions that can be used to test a particular function or feature of an application, while test scenarios are high-level descriptions of how a specific function or feature of an application should work.What is the best tool to write test cases? ›
|1||Tricentis qTest Best for automating tests with no scripting|
|2||TestMonitor Best test case management software with integrated bug tracking|
|3||Testiny Best test case management software with customizable templates|
|4||Applause Best for test case management-as-a-service|
- qTest Manager.
- Smartbear Zephyr.
- QMetry Test Management.
For example, it takes about two to three days to build and review a simple test plan without test cases. Creating one test case usually takes about 10 minutes. The more test cases your product needs, the more time you should estimate for their development. However, not all projects require full test case coverage.
Answer: There are several test management tools such as TestRail, PractiTest, QTest, Zephyr, etc. and are good for writing test cases.How many test cases need to be there for a requirement? ›
Formal test cases
In order to fully test that all the requirements of an application are met, there must be at least two test cases for each requirement: one positive test and one negative test. If a requirement has sub-requirements, each sub-requirement must have at least two test cases.
- Step 1 – Test Case ID. Each test case should be illustrated by a unique ID. ...
- Step 2 – Test Case Description. ...
- Step 3 – Pre-Conditions. ...
- Step 4 – Test Steps. ...
- Step 5 – Test Data. ...
- Step 6 – Expected Result. ...
- Step 7 – Post Condition. ...
- Step 8 – Actual Result.
Performing random testing without any plan is known as Ad Hoc Testing. It is also referred to as Random Testing or Monkey Testing. This type of testing doesn't follow any documentation or plan to perform this activity.Can a test case fail? ›
Test cases usually fail due to server and network issues, an unresponsive application or validation failure, or even due to scripting issues. When failures occur, it is necessary to handle test case management and rerun them to get the desired output.How many test steps in a test case? ›
A simple template for test cases
The test case has multiple test steps, some of which have expected result and some which do not. You should have 3-8 test steps in a test case.
Prospective testers can look forward to a strong work/life balance. Most jobs require the standard 40 hours per week. Some amount of overtime can be expected though as development deadlines are near and unexpected bugs or technical issues are found.What is the golden rule of testing? ›
The golden rule is: the more you know the product, the better you can test it. So a professional QA team is well-informed about the technicalities of every product they test.What are the four 4 basic testing methods? ›
It is important that everybody understands this. There are generally four recognized levels of testing: unit/component testing, integration testing, system testing, and acceptance testing.What are the 4 testing steps? ›
- Unit testing.
- Integration testing.
- System testing.
- Acceptance testing.
Causes for failed test cases can include false positives, false negatives, errors due to environment or setup issues, and failures due to fragile or flaky test automation.Why do tests fail? ›
The sequential execution of tests abruptly halt test cases due to queue timeout issues and is one of the reasons why test automation fails for your web application. Parallel execution of tests lets you execute multiple tests in different environments at the same time.Which testing is not possible? ›
Why Exhaustive Testing is impractical and impossible? It is not possible to perform complete testing or exhaustive testing. For most of the systems, it is near impossible because of the following reasons: The domain of possible inputs of a program is too large to be completely used in testing a system.How do you write test data in Excel? ›
- In the File Name edit box, click the ellipsis button. ...
- In the Cell edit box, select a cell to which data will be written. ...
- In the Value edit box, type the desired value manually or click the ellipsis button and use the subsequent Operation Parameters dialog.
- Check if the user is able to open the bank site.
- Check if all the links on the site are working.
- Verify if the user is able to create a new account.
- Check if the user is able to login with a valid and invalid username and password.
Data.gov – US government official website where you can find data, tools, and resources to practice your Excel skills.What is test formula in Excel? ›
TEST uses the data in array1 and array2 to compute a non-negative t-statistic. If tails=1, T. TEST returns the probability of a higher value of the t-statistic under the assumption that array1 and array2 are samples from populations with the same mean.What are some examples of test cases? ›
- user acceptance.
Test banks are a compilation of a professor's test questions from past semesters. When students are either given back an exam or allowed to leave the class with it, some students put the questions from these tests into a database for future students of the same class to use.How many test cases can you write in a day? ›
41) How many test cases can we run in a day? We can run around 30-55 test cases per day.
“(1) A set of test inputs, execution conditions, and expected results developed for a particular objective, such as to exercise a particular program path or to verify compliance with a specific requirement.What is the test case format? ›
A test case is a document which consists of a set of conditions or actions which are performed on the software application in order to verify the expected functionality of the feature. Here we describe the end to end logical flow of a specific requirement with test data, prerequisites and expected results.